Executive Assistant I
Job Title: Executive Assistant I
Reports To: Administrative Support Staff Supervisor
Job Summary: Provides clerical support for executive officers and assists CCHCI leadership team with a variety of special projects and research.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Provides Administrative Support for executive officers.
- Assists executive officers with coordinating their schedules and proactively resolving potential scheduling conflicts.
- Assists leadership staff with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Maintains and reconciles special project budgets.
- Prepares, responds to and/or routes correspondence or other messages on behalf of executive officers.
- Prepares, reviews, and edits reports, charts, presentations, grant applications and other documents.
- Assists with scheduling and preparation for meetings and special events.
- Coordinates executive’s travel arrangements and off-site meetings and events.
- Assists in recording, transcribing, and distributing minutes of meetings.
- Answers phone calls, responds to caller questions as able and/or transfers/directs caller to appropriate phone number. Takes messages for executive officers as needed.
- Runs business-related errands.
- Assists with fundraising initiatives to include recruitment of sponsors, participants, and/or volunteers for fundraising events.
- Serves as a Chiricahua Ambassador at special events by maintaining a presence and providing information about CCHCI at public events.
- As needed, greets all visitors to the administrative and/or clinical offices and directs patients/visitors to appropriate staff for inquiries.
- As assigned, assists Chief Finance Officer in tracking and processing external training requests.
- As assigned, manages and coordinates student/resident/intern rotations. Puts together rotation schedules, and orients students when their rotation begins.
- As assigned assists in coordinating and maintaining provider peer review.
- As assigned, assists in public relations and graphic design to include preparing public relations materials, updating, and maintaining employee intranet, maintaining sponsor contact and donation spreadsheet, and creating and updating digital signage playlists.
- Prepares for Board of Directors Meetings as assigned.
- Assists in ensuring that all staff presenting to Board of Directors are notified with meeting agenda and schedule and that they have provided needed materials and/or presentations prior to the meeting.
- Compiles and prepares information for Board of Directors Executive Committee and other Board-directed projects.
- Prepares, distributes, and maintains Board of Director packets before all Board of Director meetings.
- Prepares and sets up for Board of Directors meetings to include coordinating meals, preparing needed supplies, and ensuring presentations are ready.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Associates Degree required within one year of hire.
- Professional Administrative Certification of Excellence (PACE) required within 6 months of hire.
- Six Sigma White Belt Certification required within 6 months of hire.
- AHA CPR Certification.
- Customer Service experience required.
- One years of administrative experience required.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish may be required based on current staffing patterns and/or duty assignment.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to organization employees, providers and outside agency personnel working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the workplace to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments frequently requiring independent judgment within agreed-upon limits.
- Computer literacy required with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service by mail, telephone, and in-person.
- Working knowledge of graphic design to include Adobe Creative Suite Application, preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of an administrative office setting, but occasionally includes work performed outdoors with exposure to outside weather conditions to include heat and cold, and humid, windy, and dry conditions.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires occasional travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- As needed, work may require ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours.
Job Status: Full Time