Reports To: Environmental Services Supervisor or Facilities Maintenance/Fleet Manager based on assignment of shift
Job Summary: Maintains CCHCI facilities in clean and orderly condition.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Cleans CCHCI Buildings
- Cleans building floors and carpets by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gathers and empties trash.
- Services, cleans, and supplies restrooms.
- Cleans and polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Cleans windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dusts furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mixes water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Strips, seals, finishes, and polishes floors.
- Cleans clinical areas using anti-bacterial solvents and power cleaning equipment.
- Drives vehicles required to travel to or to perform cleaning work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Assists in Facility Maintenance
- Maintains building security and safety by performing tasks such as locking doors after operating hours and ensuring that hazards are not created.
- Moves heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Identifies and reports needs for major repairs or additions to CCHCI facilities.
- Sets up, arranges, and removes decorations, tables, and chairs, to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings as needed.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum six months of experience in custodial, facility maintenance, or a related field.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Must be 21 years of age and have a current AZ driver's license to qualify under company insurance.
- If selected for the position, applicant will be required to provide a copy of a valid Driver's License.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to accurately comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to frequently move about inside the work place to perform cleaning and maintenance.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate cleaning equipment, small hand tools, operate a motor vehicle and other machinery.
- Possesses the visual acuity necessary to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work and to perform visual inspections of facilities and equipment for cleanliness and defects.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Ability to occasionally ascend and descend ladders to clean ceilings, lights, etc.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, reach or otherwise position self to clean equipment and facilities, including under desks and other narrow work areas.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to occasionally perform a variety of assignments with little or no direct supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment typical of maintenance or custodial work with occasional proximity to electrical current, exposure to moving mechanical parts, and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work includes frequent driving in normal and adverse weather conditions over improved and rough road surfaces during day and night.
- Ability to work overnight shifts with frequent weekend and holiday hours.
Job Status: Full Time