EMR Application Specialist
Job Title: EMR Application Specialist
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
Job Summary: Supports the implementation, integration, and ongoing improvement of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR-Nextgen).
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides Nextgen Support
- Maintain and improve Nextgen’s Functionality within throughout the Chiricahua clinical network.
- Provides technical support and assistance to staff in using all Nextgen applications and processes.
- Organizing, tracking, and responding to Nextgen requests so that all staff are supported.
- Identify and facilitate ongoing training to all staff regarding best practices, system implementations and
upgrades, workflow revisions, and other identified needs.
- Identify and facilitate the maintenance and analysis of EHR/EPM architecture and updates.
- Performs Quality Assurance testing with Nextgen Liaison Team when preparing for upgrades.
- Ensure ongoing communication and collaboration with stakeholders to successfully accomplish project requirements.
- Facilitates the development of EMR related workflows for clinical and non-clinical staff in collaboration with the Nextgen Liaison Team.
- Meet with staff on a regular basis to determine new workflow changes and to keep them informed of the status of their requested projects.
- Implementation and maintenance of multiple interfaces (APIs)
- Assist in streamlining existing systems and identifying additional data systems to meet data reporting needs.
Provides Clinical Data System Support
- Reviews new or modified programs and related documentation to determine if programs will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines.
- Provides technical support to the informatics and clinical teams in report generation as required.
- Supports and provides training for staff on clinical data
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, information systems management or related field preferred.
- Current NextGen Certified Professional in Practice Management and EHR preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
Job Status: Full Time