Director of Adult and Family Medicine
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides Program Leadership
- Directs, promotes, and oversees implementation of "Medical Home" concept.
- Regularly reviews overall productivity of adult medical program.
- Researches and facilitates implementation of evidence-based, best practices.
- Helps establish and regularly reviews outcomes measures and provides intervention whenever necessary to ensure completion of program goals.
- Attends and participates in leadership, Continuous Quality Improvement, and other planning meetings as a member of the CCHCI Core Leadership Team.
- Ensures strong representation at local, regional and national meetings, including participation in quarterly and annual meetings organized by the Arizona Alliance of Community Health Centers.
- Develops, plans and implements policies, procedures and workflow for adult medicine program.
- Seeks and facilitates new program opportunities and funding.
- Participates in needs assessments of proposed/future clinical sites.
- Develops and maintains formal relationships with specialty providers.
- Provides medical provider services in a clinic setting on a regular basis.
- Ensures timely completion and submission of adult medicine-related surveys and reports.
- Provides Supervision and Leadership to Provider Staff
- Directs and oversees adult medical provider staff, to include recruitment, hiring, training, evaluating, retention, and conducting disciplinary actions and other personnel actions as required.
- Facilitates and promotes orientation, operational training, hands-on coaching and mentorship, and other staff development tools and resources for all adult medical provider staff, and monitors performance.
- Ensures that regular, productive staff meetings take place for adult providers.
- Ensures all adult medical providers receive regular and meaningful peer review and feedback.
- Maintains a strong clinical presence and rapport with all family practice and adult medicine-related staff.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.
- Licensed in Arizona with current board certification in specified profession.
- Minimum five years of clinical experience required.
- Three years of leadership experience, especially at a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), strongly preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Current CPR certification.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
Job Status: Full Time