Development & Communications Coordinator
Job Title: Development & Communications Coordinator
Reports To: Chief of External Affairs
Job Summary: Development & Communications Coordinator is an integral member of the External Affairs team at Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc (CCHCI) and is responsible for supporting fundraising and communications efforts. Position will play an important role in increasing CCHCI’s capacity to meet its growing programmatic and funding needs, develop long-term relationships with low-to-mid level donors and support increased marketing efforts to build CCHCI’s brand awareness. Position is integrated across an External Affairs team comprising a Grants Specialist, Program Specialist, and Public Relations Specialist and works closely with each member of the External Affairs Team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
Essential Job Duties:
- Plans, implements, and manages an annual giving program that focuses on increasing the number of unrestricted lower-level donors including writing and sending appeals and program updates.
- Creates timely, effective, and impactful outreach using all annual giving cultivation and solicitation methods, including direct mail, monthly giving, phone and online.
- Screens new Prospects and Donors to identify capacity and work ensure proper attribute is assigned in DonorPerfect
- Develops and manages an annual calendar of offline and online communications with annual fund donors and prospects to meet engagement, cultivation, and stewardship needs. (Including appeals, Email blasts, Newsletters and other relationship building activities).
- In partnership with External Affairs leadership, works on specific relationship building and fundraising activities throughout the year, including special events and volunteer engagement.
- Manages DonorPerfect systems to ensure acknowledgment letters are generated in a timely manner.
- Assists with donor correspondence, such as acknowledgement letters and invoices
- Assists with grant writing and research.
- Works with leadership to develop segmented lists of donors for Appeals, Events and other initiatives.
- Collaborates with Communications team to draft donor materials, including solicitation letters, eblast appeals and other donor correspondence.
- Supports media visits including arranging logistics, assembling press packets, and managing consent forms from patients.
- Maintains confidentiality of donor information.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma required.
- Three years of experience working in a non-profit development department.
- Experience with Microsoft Office skills, including Excel.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication and writing skills: the ability to interact with a variety of people and clearly convey information in writing and in person.
- Proven project management skills.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as take initiative independently.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that meets the minimum skills required may be considered.
Preferred Education, Experience Certificates & Licenses:
- Associate Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Experience working with DonorPerfect database management system preferred.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to frequently move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with donor software including DonorPerfect.
- Comfortable with Public Speaking.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids and hazardous chemicals.
- Occasionally, work requires extended hours to include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Job Status: Full Time