Dentist (DDS or DMD)
Job Title: Dentist (DDS or DMD)
Reports To: Director of Dental Services
Job Summary: Provides a high standard of preventative and general dental services. Openings at multiple locations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Performs general dental services and procedures within defined parameters.
- Develops and implements individualized dental care and treatment plans for dental patients.
- Provides and manages direct patient dental care, including new patient examinations, annual evaluations, emergency assessments, and treatment.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate.
- Administers anesthetics and other medications to patients.
- Examines x-rays of teeth, gums, the jaw, and nearby areas for problems.
- Participates in dental health promotion plans and initiatives as appropriate.
- Participates in providing regular and meaningful peer review and feedback to other dental providers.
- Assists in facilitating and providing training and mentorship to improve and advance professional skills and competence of dental staff.
- Provides clinic dentist services at any site within CCHCI’s network.
Minimum Qualifications - Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) with current Arizona State License as a dentist.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Current CPR certification.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Participates in continuing medical/dental education programs to maintain professional competence and skills.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Three or more years of clinical experience preferred.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose effective instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Possesses range of body motion and ability to exert enough force to lift and move adult and pediatric patients.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform math that may include the use of ratio/proportion, dosage calculation, metric and household equivalents, roman numerals, abbreviations, and general math including percentages, etc.
- Ability to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Ability to resolve challenges and work under pressure.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of dental outpatient services.
- Knowledge of Dental health plans and community health centers.
- Computer literacy required.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health/Dental Records and dental x-ray software preferred.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor, and lead staff.
- Ability to analyze medical records and prescribed protocol to formulate effective treatment plans.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work occasionally involves use of needles and other dental equipment with proximity to electrical current, exposure to moving mechanical parts, and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires occasional travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours.
Open positions available at multiple locations.