Data Analyst II
Job Title: Data Analyst II
Reports To: Informatics Supervisor
Job Summary: Responsible for continuous data collection, analysis, and reporting for all CCHCI departments, guiding institutional accountability and tactical/strategic decision-making with the intent to monitor performance and improve quality.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Develops and implements databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize achievement of efficiency and quality.
- Collaborates directly with departmental leadership to develop and continually maintain accurate, meaningful, and user-friendly dashboards for every CCHCI department.
- Collects and graphs appropriate data from primary or secondary sources, to include NextGen, for usage in dashboards, and on an as-needed basis for grant application/reporting and for presentations by members of leadership.
- Assures the integrity of data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing, and analysis.
- Prepares and makes presentations regarding CCHCI data on an as-needed basis or as requested.
- Trains and educates other staff on data collection, analysis and graphing as needed.
- Participates in discussions on data collection, study design, methodology, data analysis and institutional data-driven decision-making.
- Writes SQL scripts for use with potentially large data sets.
- Builds Predictive Models to improve performance for various quality measures using R/Python.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- At least two years’ experience in data analysis/data science field.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a data-related field.
- Knowledge in Data Warehousing and ETL Techniques
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to accurately comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and other staff, and external personnel working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the workplace to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to create graphs using Business Intelligence tools, such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Ability to employ statistical / mathematical methods to collect and analyze data and develop solutions.
- Knowledge of R, Python programming languages
- Experience in Web databases or webpages is a plus.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring independent judgment.
- Displays high-level critical thinking and problem-solving skills that question data results and lead to accurate conclusions based on numbers and trends.
- Displays strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Strong computer literacy required with excellent to superior knowledge of Microsoft Office, and Excel. Knowledge of other data gathering, and presentation tools will also be considered.
- Expert knowledge of NextGen Electronic Health Records.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, as well as self-initiative.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor, and lead staff.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is usually typical of an administrative office setting with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Occasionally, work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires occasional travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekends.
Job Status: Full Time