Data Analyst II
Job Title: Data Analyst II
Reports To: Informatics Supervisor
Job Summary: Responsible for continuous data collection, analysis and reporting for all CCHCI departments, guiding institutional accountability and tactical/strategic decision-making with the intent to monitor performance and improve quality.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way, as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develops and implements databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize achievement of efficiency and quality.
- Collaborates directly with departmental leadership to develop and continually maintain accurate, meaningful, and user-friendly dashboards for every CCHCI department.
- Collects and graphs appropriate data from primary or secondary sources, to include NextGen, for usage in dashboards, and on an as-needed basis for grant application/reporting and for presentations by members of leadership.
- Assures the integrity of data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis.
- Prepares and makes presentations regarding CCHCI data on an as-needed basis or as requested.
- Trains and educates other staff on data collection, analysis and graphing as needed.
- Participates in discussions on data collection, study design, methodology, data analysis and institutional data-driven decision-making.
- Writes and optimizes SQL scripts for use with potentially large data sets.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- At least two years’ experience in data analysis and/or management.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a data-related field.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to accurately comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and other staff, and external personnel working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the workplace to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to create graphs using Business Intelligence tools, such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Ability to employ statistical / mathematical methods to collect and analyze data and develop solutions.
- Knowledge of R, Python, Julia, or other data analytics programming language.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring independent judgment.
- Displays high-level critical thinking and problem-solving skills that question data results and lead to accurate conclusions based on numbers and trends.
- Displays strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Strong computer literacy required with excellent to superior knowledge of Microsoft Office, and Excel. Knowledge of other data gathering, and presentation tools will also be considered.
- Expert knowledge of NextGen Electronic Health Records.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, as well as self-initiative.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor, and lead staff.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is usually typical of an administrative office setting with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Occasionally, work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids and hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires occasional travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends.