Counseling Program Supervisor
Job Title: Supervisor, Counseling Program
Reports To: Director of Behavioral Health
Job Summary: Oversees and supervises the counseling program and providers
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Job Duties:
- Directs and oversees counseling provider staff, to include training, evaluating, and conducting disciplinary actions and other personnel actions as required.
- Directs and facilitates implementation of the Counseling Program at CCHCI.
- Conducts and facilitates regular, productive staff meetings for counseling providers.
- Participates in applicable staff and leadership meetings.
- Regularly reviews overall productivity of the counseling programs.
- Ensures counseling provider’s compliance with CCHCI policies and procedures.
- Ensures all counseling providers receive regular and meaningful peer review and
- Maintains a strong clinical presence (60% clinical: 40% leadership/administrative) providing counseling services and maintaining rapport with all counseling staff and clinical teams.
- Maintains Nextgen superuser status for all counseling provider templates and needs in Nextgen.
- Updates CCHCI staff of changes and needs of the counseling program and when appropriate
- Will complete administrative supervisory requirements in a timely fashion, including review of reimbursements, timesheets, PTO requests, and other tasks per procedure as required.
- Will keep track of and provide data about the numbers of intakes, counseling sessions, and clear date on insurances and payment reimbursements to ensure the growth of the program.
- Ability to monitor counseling caseloads to ensure proper delegation of services throughout counselors.
- Provide clinical supervision of counseling staff working on their independent hours.
- Understanding of Board of Behavioral Health licensing requirements for clinical supervision.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Licensed in the State of Arizona as a Clinical Social Worker in good standing.
- Board Certification in the area specific to position being filled.
- Two years of experience providing services in a supervisorial role.
- Administrative or executive leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills required will be considered.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Fingerprint Clearance Card may be required.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose effective instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the work place to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Ability to resolve challenges and work under pressure.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy at all times.
- Knowledge of health care plans and community health centers.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor and lead staff.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to build effective teams.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids and hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires frequent travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours. Cell Phone stipend will be provided.
Job Status: Full Time