Job Title: Compliance Assistance
Reports To: Risk Manager/Corporate Compliance
Job Summary: The Compliance Assistant will support the Risk Manager with regulatory and compliance activities, projects, and efforts to improve the compliance and regulatory environment for Chiricahua. He/she will provide administrative and compliance support for the Risk Manager to assist with contract management and review, incident reports, compliance training, and respond to and assist with staff inquiries, Draft’s policies and procedures, meeting minutes and review agreements for mandatory contract language and filings and statutory reporting.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Provide compliance support to Risk Management activities.
- Includes, but not limited to, drafting policies and procedures, researching regulatory related matters, and assisting in the development of compliance programs and oversight/monitoring mechanisms.
- Track incident reports and notify Risk Manager of those requiring action on a timely basis and provides reports on out of compliance incident reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned and participates in organization projects as assigned.
- New Hire Orientation support and training on OSHA, safety, HIPAA, and compliance policies.
- Assists in audit preparation and the development of reports/tools to monitor and track implementation and completion.
- Supports RM/CC on following federal program requirements HRSA, FWA, OIG, HIPAA related matters.
- Supports compliance audits, risk assessments and ongoing compliance monitoring activities including the coordination of data requests.
- Assists in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining compliance policies and procedures and department documentation.
- Assist in receiving, digesting, and completing operational changes required resulting from the passage of new legislation, regulation, or regulatory guidance.
- Assist in the implementation of audit processes to ensure compliance with federal and state statutes and regulations and program guidance.
- Research questions from staff regarding regulatory compliance.
- Assist with filing, mailing, and organizing documents related to Risk Management & Compliance activities
- Assist with archiving and records storage management
- Take steps to gain deep knowledge of Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc mission and values
- Assist any administrative projects
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned by Risk Management & Corporate Compliance.
- Review, track, organize and electronically file contracts and agreements.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Healthcare compliance experience required.
- A minimum of one (1) year related experience in healthcare compliance, regulatory-government programs, preferably with direct experience dealing with and interpreting and applying complex CMS rules and policies in a healthcare administration setting.
- A combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and other staff, and external personnel working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the workplace to access files, operate office equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to employ statistical / mathematical methods to collect and analyze data and develop solutions.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Displays moderate level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and legislation that impact clinical services and professional practice.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to research, analyze and assimilate information from various sources. Must exhibit critical thinking skills and possess the ability to prioritize workload.
- Must be action-oriented, have business acumen, manage conflict well, be customer focused, have high decision quality, flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and have organizational agility.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment when assigning incident reports.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility, and independent decision-making abilities with the skills to interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the organization in line with mission, vision, and philosophy of CCHCI.
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral, that may be used either in an on-site or virtual environment is required.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be proactive and responsive with excellent follow up and organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Must have strong time management skills.
- Must maintain high level of attention to detail.
- Able to communicate effectively with individuals and groups representing diverse perspectives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Attention to detail required.
- Proficient computer skills and use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess strong personal integrity and ethical principles.
- Excellent organization, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Responsible and self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential client information.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is usually typical of an administrative office setting with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Job Status: Full Time