Community Health Program Supervisor
Essential Job Duties:
- Develops new community health outreach opportunities and services to strengthen the program.
- Supervises Community Health Program and Ventanilla de Salud staff, to include hiring, training, evaluating, and conducting disciplinary actions and other personnel actions as required.
- Ensures that Community Health Program staff maintain consistent encounters with special needs populations.
- Facilitates program growth and expansion by working closely with community members, government agencies, and internal leadership team.
- Conducts inter-departmental Continuous Quality Improvement meetings.
- Conducts and participates in regular department staff meetings as well as regional, state and local meetings that align with program goals.
- Conducts regular trainings and in-services in order to develop core competencies for Community Health Workers.
- Manages, reviews and updates Community Health Program and related policies and procedures.
- Assists Community Health Program staff to provide basic health checks, educational services and referrals.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Degree from an accredited nursing program.
- Registered Nurse with current Arizona State Nursing License.
- Supervisory or other leadership experience preferred.
- Experience in community or public health preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Must maintain current CPR training certification.
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a current Arizona driver's license to qualify for coverage under company insurance. Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Must complete and receive certification for Pesticide Handler and Worker Safety Training.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to traverse short distances indoors and outdoors between work sites.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and visual acuity necessary to frequently operate a motor vehicle in normal and adverse weather conditions.
- Possesses range of body motion and ability to exert enough force to assist in moving and lifting patients.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform medical math that may include the use of ratio/proportion, dosage calculation, metric and household equivalents, roman numerals, abbreviations, and general math including percentages, etc.
- Ability to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Displays sound and accurate judgment and ability to make timely decisions.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures and Employee Handbook.
- Maintains a current understanding of CCHCI operations and procedures.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to work with special needs populations.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor and lead staff.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to build effective teams.
Job Status: Full Time