Clinical Quality Improvement Specialist
Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc.
Job Title: Clinical Quality Improvement Specialist
Reports To: Director of Clinical Quality
Job Summary: Assists in managing the planning, coordination, implementation, facilitation, and evaluation of quality improvement projects and activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
Ensures Participation in Clinical Quality Initiatives.
- Facilitates lean, six sigma, and other quality models to include development, training, and implementation of Kaizen events/ Rapid Process Improvement Workshops, huddles, Visual Management systems, Problem Solving methodologies, and Best Practices Integration.
- Defines Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) activities and outcomes through evidence-based guidelines and data collection. Facilitates development of workflows to meet contract specified measures.
- Collaborates with the National Center for Quality Assurance to maintain and promote PCMH recognition.
- Gathers, analyzes and reports data on specified measures and clinical performance to determine if quality initiatives are effective.
- Assists in establishing and regularly reviewing provider outcomes, measures and productivity goals, such as Meaningful Use, UDS, PCMH, and other institutional goals.
- Assists in development, tracking, and reporting of processes for medical records documentation, referrals and assessment of clinical outcomes.
- Attends and participates in leadership, Continuous Quality Improvement, and other planning meetings as needed.
- Collects, reviews and analyzes clinical activities and data through reports and audits to aid planning and improve quality of service.
Analyzes and Reports Primary Care Team Productivity
- Analyzes Quality and other improvement data, and audits.
- Manages provider/patient assignment and reassignment in collaboration with Primary care team members.
- Analyzes and reports percentage of visits delivered by primary care team members on a quarterly basis.
Provides Training and Resources
- Researches and provides organizational training, tools, and other materials, on evidence-based best practices, clinical performance, and quality improvement.
- Assists in design, development, and implementation of overall Clinical Quality Improvement program and strategy.
- Collaborates and builds professional relationships with providers, leadership and other clinical staff to identify clinical quality training needs.
- Provides training and development of the staff in lean, six sigma, and other standard improvement models and associated tools.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in health care related field or business process engineering and/or Registered Nurse/ BSN with current Arizona State License and credentials; relevant Master’s degree preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent experience required; Black Belt Certified or earned within twelve (12) months of hire.
- At least two years of experience in departmental or organizational leadership preferred.
- Experience or certification in Quality Assurance or corporate compliance strongly preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
Job Status: Full Time