Chief Medical Officer
Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc.
Job Title: Chief Medical Officer
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Job Summary: Leads, develops and oversees medical, dental, ancillary and behavioral health operations and programs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
Provides Program Leadership
- Directly or indirectly manages and oversees all provider and ancillary staff, to include recruitment, hiring, training, evaluating, retention, and conducting disciplinary actions and other personnel actions as required. ? Supports implementation of the ‘Medical Home’ concept into daily operations. ? Ensures that regular, productive provider staff meetings take place.
- Attends and participates in leadership, Continuous Quality Improvement, and other planning meetings as needed.
- Ensures strong representation at local, regional and national meetings, including participation in quarterly and annual meetings organized by the Arizona Alliance of Community Health Centers.
- Represents and promotes CCHCI’s services and programs with community service partners.
- Facilitates and promotes orientation, operational training, hands-on coaching, and other staff development tools and resources for all providers and related staff, and monitors performance.
- Develops and maintains formal relationships with specialty providers.
- Seeks and facilitates new program opportunities and funding.
Conducts Program Reporting & Oversight
- Regularly reviews overall provider productivity and ensures institutional goals are met.
- Supervises medical, dental, and integrated health directors and managers as well as ancillary providers and related staff.
- Helps establish and regularly reviews provider outcomes measures such as institutional productivity goals, Meaningful Use, UDS, and PCMH, and provides intervention whenever necessary to ensure completion of program goals.
- Ensures all providers receive regular and meaningful peer review and feedback.
- Oversees development of clinical service policies and procedures.
- Oversees timely completion and submission of medical-related surveys and reports.
- Participates in evaluation of needs assessments of current and proposed/future clinical sites.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.
- Licensed in the State of Arizona as a Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy with Board Certification in area of specialty.
- Minimum of five years clinical experience.
- Minimum of three years of administrative, executive or supervisory experience.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Current CPR certification.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
Job Status: Full Time