Central Supply Clerk
Job Title: Central Supply Clerk
Reports To: Central Supply Supervisor
Job Summary: Identifies and facilitates meeting procurement needs and other new product demands.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Maintains Supply Inventory:
- Reviews requisition orders to ensure accuracy and correct line-item specifications.
- Processes approved requisitions, prepares purchase orders and sends copies to vendors and to originating departments.
- Conducts inventory of supplies, physically or through automated systems, to determine if restocking is needed.
- Orders supplies and ensures that inventory quantities are sufficient for needs.
- Responds to vendor inquiries about clarifying orders, changes in requests, delivery requirements and cancellations.
- Contact’s vendors to ensure that supplies are delivered as scheduled, to avoid missed deliveries, and to resolve problems with vendors to expedite deliveries and avoid supply shortages.
- Prepares, maintains, and reviews purchasing files, reports, and price lists.
- Assists in conducting regular review of vendor accreditation to ensure getting the most economical and cost-effective supplies by comparing contractual and bid prices with prevailing competitive prices.
- Monitor’s status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Posts order costs in appropriate accounting systems.
- Provides Transportation Services as required:
- Drives CCHCI vehicles to CCHCI locations for the purpose of supply drop off/pickup, as necessary.
- Performs van safety and operational checks.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum two years of experience in procurement or logistics.
- A combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a current Arizona driver's license to qualify for coverage under company insurance.
- CPR certification may be required based on requirements of providing patient transportation services.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the workplace to access files, store and access equipment and supplies, etc.
- Ability to traverse short distances indoors and outdoors between work sites.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and visual acuity necessary to frequently operate a motor vehicle in normal and adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to occasionally ascend and descend ladders to move equipment and supplies.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, or otherwise position self to maintain, move, and store equipment and supplies, including under desks and other narrow work areas.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform variety of assignments requiring independent judgment.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standard situations.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of purchasing process.
- General knowledge of budgeting, inventory, and cost-management.
- Computer literacy required.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a supply room setting with occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, dust, and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work is frequently performed both indoors and outdoors with exposure to outside weather conditions to include heat and cold, and humid, windy, and dry conditions.
- Work includes frequent driving in normal and adverse weather conditions over improved and rough road surfaces.
- Work requires frequent travel in a company vehicle and flexible hours to include early morning, evenings, holidays, and weekends.
Job Status: Full Time