Facilities Maintenance/Fleet Manager
Drives, maintains and sets up mobile medical unit at a site within Cochise County where medical services will be provided.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Drives vehicle to location where medical services will be provided, completes set-up, and activates computerized systems on-board prior to start of clinical operations.
- Ensures the Mobile Medical Unit stays in efficient and clean condition at all times.
- Maintains all vehicle safety and operational checks on a daily basis.
- Observes all policies and procedures, applicable state and federal laws regarding the care and transportation of the vehicle at all times.
- Accurately maintains both a mileage log and a maintenance log.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance functions prior to operation.
- At the end of the clinic session, breaks down the unit and drives vehicle to the CCHCI garage.
- Periodically dumps waste and arranges for washing and waxing of vehicle.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years of experience in transportation services.
- 2 years of experience in medical, safety, or related services, preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age and have a current Arizona CDL driver's license and be qualified under company insurance; must have Haz/Mat endorsement.
- Must complete Driver/Transportation training on an annual basis.
- Must pass regular drug tests given on a random basis.
- If selected for the position, applicant will be required to provide a copy of a valid Driver's License and five year DMV report.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to accurately comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing 25 pounds or more.
- Ability to frequently move about inside and outside the mobile medical clinic to perform maintenance and set up/break down.
- Ability to traverse short distances indoors and outdoors between work sites.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to occasionally operate small hand tools, operate a motor vehicle and other machinery.
- Possesses the visual acuity necessary to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work and to perform visual inspections of facilities and equipment for cleanliness and defects.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, reach or otherwise position self to maintain equipment and facilities, including under desks and other narrow work areas.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments with or without supervision and occasionally perform a variety of assignments requiring independent judgment.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typically outdoors or on board a mobile medical clinic with occasional exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids as well as exposure to moving mechanical parts, and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work is frequently performed outdoors with exposure to outside weather conditions to include heat and cold, and, humid, windy and dry conditions.
- Work includes frequent driving in normal and adverse weather conditions over improved and rough road surfaces during day and night.
- Work requires extended hours to include evenings, holidays and weekends and may also include split shifts.
Job Status: Full Time