Reports To: Fleet Supervisor
Job Summary: Drives, maintains and sets up mobile medical unit at site where medical services will be provided.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Drives CCHCI vehicle to location where medical services will be provided, completes set-up, and activates computerized systems on-board prior to start of clinical operations.
- Ensures the Mobile Medical Unit stays in efficient and clean condition at all times.
- Maintains all vehicle safety and operational checks on a daily basis.
- Accurately maintains both a mileage log and a maintenance log.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance functions prior to operation.
- At the end of the clinic session, breaks down the unit and drives vehicle to the CCHCI garage.
- Periodically dumps waste and arranges for washing and waxing of vehicle.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years of experience in transportation services.
- 2 years of experience in medical, safety, or related services, preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Must be 21 years of age and have a current Arizona CDL driver's license and be qualified under company insurance; Haz/Mat endorsement preferred.
- Must complete Driver/Transportation training on an annual basis.
- Must pass regular drug tests given on a random basis.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to accurately comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing 25 pounds or more.
- Ability to frequently move about inside and outside the mobile medical clinic to perform maintenance and set up/break down.
- Ability to traverse short distances indoors and outdoors between work sites.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to occasionally operate small hand tools, operate a motor vehicle and other machinery.
- Possesses the visual acuity necessary to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work and to perform visual inspections of facilities and equipment for cleanliness and defects.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, reach or otherwise position self to maintain equipment and facilities, including under desks and other narrow work areas.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments with or without supervision and occasionally perform a variety of assignments requiring independent judgment.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of all policies and procedures, and applicable state and federal laws regarding vehicle care and transportation services.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typically outdoors or on board a mobile medical clinic with occasional exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids as well as exposure to moving mechanical parts, and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work is frequently performed outdoors with exposure to outside weather conditions to include heat and cold, and, humid, windy and dry conditions.
- Work includes frequent driving in normal and adverse weather conditions over improved and rough road surfaces during day and night.
- Work requires extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends and may also include split shifts.
Position will require travel primarily between the Sierra Vista and Benson sites, but will require occasional travel to all CCHCI sites.
Job Status: Full Time