Job Title: CDL Driver
Reports To: Facilities Maintenance/Fleet Manager
Job Summary: Drives, maintains, and sets up mobile medical unit at site where medical services will be provided.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Drives CCHCI vehicle to location where medical services will be provided, completes set-up, and activates computerized systems on-board prior to start of clinical operations.
- Ensures the Mobile Medical Unit always stays in efficient and clean condition.
· Maintains all vehicle safety and operational checks daily.
- Accurately maintains a maintenance log.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance functions prior to operation.
- At the end of the clinic session, breaks down the unit and drives vehicle to the CCHCI garage.
- Periodically dumps waste and arranges for washing and waxing of vehicle.
- Working assigned weekends is required.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years of experience in transportation services.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Must be 21 years of age and have a current Arizona CDL driver's license and be qualified under company insurance.
- Must complete Driver/Transportation training on an annual basis.
- Must provide 5-year driving history record check from Motor Vehicles Division.
- Must pass regular drug tests given on a random basis.
- If selected for the position, applicant will be required to provide a copy of a valid Driver’s License and five-year DMV report.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- 2 years of experience in medical, safety, or related services, preferred.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to accurately comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing 25 pounds or more.
- Ability to frequently move about inside and outside the mobile medical clinic to perform maintenance and set up/break down.
- Ability to traverse short distances indoors and outdoors between work sites.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to occasionally operate small hand tools, operate a motor vehicle and other machinery.
- Possesses the visual acuity necessary to determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work and to perform visual inspections of facilities and equipment for cleanliness and defects.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, or otherwise position self to maintain equipment and facilities, including under desks and other narrow work areas.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments with or without supervision and occasionally perform a variety of assignments requiring independent judgment.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of all policies and procedures, and applicable state and federal laws regarding vehicle care and transportation services.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typically outdoors or on board a mobile medical clinic with occasional exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids as well as exposure to moving mechanical parts, and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work is frequently performed outdoors with exposure to outside weather conditions to include heat and cold, and humid, windy, and dry conditions.
- Work includes frequent driving in normal and adverse weather conditions over improved and rough road surfaces during day and night.
- Work requires extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekends and may also include split shifts.
Job Status: Full Time