Call Center Representative
Job Title: Call Center Representative
Reports To: Call Center Supervisor
Job Summary: Confirms patient appointments and verifies patient insurance and demographic information.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Answers phone calls expediently and refers inquiries to the appropriate parties as needed.
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments over the phone.
- Explains health center procedures to patients.
- Verifies medical insurance coverage and eligibility and expires any insurances that are not active.
- Verifies dental insurance coverage and eligibility, deductible, and maximum coverage.
- Informs patients of account balances and correct billing amounts.
- Notifies patients of insurance co-pays.
- Verifies patient demographic information.
- Ensures accuracy of information in telephone messages and deciphers the correct amount to charge self-pay or sliding fee schedule patients.
- Takes payments over the phone.
- Provides referral status information to patients.
- Working assigned weekends is required.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Any combination of experience that provides the necessary combination of skills and sensitivity.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- At least six months of experience in a medical setting providing office support preferred.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish may be required based on current staffing patterns, patient population, and/or duty assignment.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the workplace to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to take direction and perform assignments accordingly.
- Knowledge of prepaid health plans preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Computer literacy required.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service by mail, telephone, and in-person.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to display a positive attitude towards patients, providers, supervisors, and other staff.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of an administrative office setting with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Job Status: Full Time