Call Center Representative
Job Title: Call Center Representative
Reports To: Call Center Supervisor
Job Summary: Answers, screens and responds in a courteous manner all incoming calls to CCHCI regarding patient’s care needs by scheduling appointments and directing the caller to the appropriate level of care; answers general questions about CCHCI.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs patient assessment by using the appropriate protocol and the appropriate disposition.
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments, explaining center procedures to patients.
- Answers and refers inquiries.
- Verifies patient demographic information.
- Verifies medical and dental insurance coverage and eligibility, notify patients of insurance co-payments, account balances and correct billing amounts.
- Takes payments over the phone.
- Keeps work areas clean and organized at all times.
- Uses good time management skills and ability to work well with all team members.
- Personally contributes to increase productivity by assuring that all calls are taken as expediently as possible to meet the department’s goals.
- Actively participates in staff meetings and works toward accomplishing department goals and objectives. Accomplishes related results as needed.
- Consistently reports to work at the appointed time, using call in sick time with discretion and scheduling doctor appointments and vacation time in advance.
- Displays a positive attitude toward all department providers, supervisors and staff members.
- Displays a positive image of the department.
- Properly cleans, stores and maintains the use of computers, fax machine and copiers for the exclusive use of department business and complies with all facility policies and procedures including, but not limited to those addressing HIPPA and Compliance.
- Keeps the member’s information confidential. Be aware of the organizations protocols and adhere to their requirements and complies with all facility policies and procedures including, but not limited to those addressing HIPPA and Compliance.
- Expresses concerns and/or makes recommendations in a constructive manner through appropriate organizational channels. Shares relevant information, and participates in staff meetings.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least six months of experience in a medical setting providing office support preferred.
- Any combination of experience that provides the necessary combination of skills and sensitivity.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish may be required based on current staffing patterns, patient population, and/or duty assignment.
Job Status: Full Time