Business Office Manager
Essential Job Duties:
- Manages Business Office Staff and Operations
- Directs and oversees all business office staff, to include hiring, training, evaluating, and conducting disciplinary actions and other personnel actions as required.
- Facilitates and promotes orientation, operational training, hands-on coaching, and other staff development tools and resources for all business office staff, and monitors performance.
- Gathers and reports accurate data to facilitate and support leadership requests, and internal and external audits as required.
- Directs, develops and implements policies and procedures regarding business office operations.
- Engages in strategic planning activities and implements strategic decisions into operational plans.
- Attends and participates in leadership, management, Continuous Quality Improvement, and other staff meetings as needed.
- Assists in system administration of NextGen by reviewing and editing billable service items and other menu items and templates that affect billing.
- Conducts regular operational staff meetings effectively.
Assists in Maintaining Financial Strength of CCHCI
- Ensures that Month End closings are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviews the End of Month balances of Patient Accounts Receivable for accuracy.
- Analyzes aging of patient Accounts Receivable on a monthly basis and directs billing staff to improve payment statuses.
- Ensures that charges and payments are posted daily.
- Manages claim denials to identify causes, corrective actions and ensures timely resubmission.
- Manages patient accounts regarding payment arrangements, collections and resolution of complaints and correction of errors.
- Conducts routine internal audits of charges, payments and adjustments.
- Ensures that unbilled encounters and un-submitted charges are addressed.
- Assists in negotiation and renegotiation of contracts.
- Assists with various projects in support of Leadership.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses, Required Language Skills:
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, public health, business management or a related field preferred.
- Supervisory or other leadership experience preferred
- Four or more years of experience in Billing and/or Credentialing.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Certified Professional Coder Certification required (can be in progress).
- Automobile and valid driver’s license necessary as position requires occasional travel.
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
Job Status: Full Time