Behavioral Health Scheduler
Job Title: Behavioral Health Scheduler
Reports To: Behavioral Health Program Administrator
Job Summary: Assists in facilitating and tracking behavioral health services for patients. Processes and follows up on referrals, supplies clerical support to providers and support staff
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Job Duties:
- Engages proactively with patients and staff through greeting, interacting with, and assisting patients and staff in a professional manner.
- Calls and schedules registered dietetic appointments per individual referral needs.
- Schedules Integrated Provider visits per clinic needs.
- Arranges telehealth invites, assists patients in scheduling follow-up appointments, and engage patients who have missed appointments to ensure continuation of care.
- Acquires and documents referral information from physicians, patients, and insurance carriers, making sure accurate information is received when it comes to verifying benefits & eligibility, requesting authorization for mental health services, and contacting patients to schedule new intakes.
- Reviews referral paperwork to ensure that referrals are appropriate for the insurance carriers.
- Ensures that prior authorizations are completed for referrals as required by the insurance carriers.
- Follows-up to ensure that all required documents have been received by insurance carrier and referral is processed.
- Notifies if patients need more intensive care coordination with case management.
- Documents phone calls, reminders, appointments, and recalls in NextGen.
- Provides accurate, culturally sensitive interpretation for Spanish speaking patient population. (assists RD’s as backup)
- Performs duties and special projects for the department as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year of experience in health-related field.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills required may be considered.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English and Spanish in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish with knowledge of medical terminology is required.
- Ability to frequently exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to frequently move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to gather data in an organized fashion from varied sources.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments with little or no direct supervision.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service by mail, telephone, and in-person.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Occasionally, work requires extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Job Status: Full Time