Behavioral Health Counselor
Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc.
Job Title: Behavioral Health Counselor
Reports To: Behavioral Health Program Manager
Job Summary: Provides direct client education and counseling services to assigned individuals
and groups participating in CCHCI services.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides intake, assessment and behavioral health services for referred clients.
- Provides individual counseling services dependent on degree and licensure. For example, if LISAC, can only counsel for substance abuse related concerns.
- Documents and reviews documentation of behavioral health visits, such as, demographic data, treatment plans, psychosocial history, progress notes, discharge planning, etc.
- Oversees and assists each assigned client with individualized service planning and reviews.
- Provides culturally sensitive therapy modalities and develops and provides new services.
- Assists in clinical discharge planning, referring clients to, or providing alternative services.
- Provides consultation and training to providers and staff about behavioral health services and clients.
- Provides reports and utilization management documents to providers and agencies involved in client's care.
- Participates in Behavioral Health team and other quality improvement and staff meetings as needed.
- Coordinates and facilitates groups to support program goals and develops structure of content.
- Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Master’s Degree in Behavioral Health or related program.
- Must be licensed by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as a Substance Abuse Counselor, Professional Counselor, Marriage & Family Therapist, Social Worker or other license as appropriate.
- One to two years of experience with patient/client care in a behavioral health setting strongly preferred.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
Job Status: Full Time