Job Title: Accounting Assistant-Pharmacy/Grants/CCHCI Cares
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
Job Summary: Responsible for accounting, reconciling and reporting for pharmacy programs, assigned grants and the CCHCI Cares Fund
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepares invoice for assigned grants on a timely basis for all services rendered. Tracks remaining amounts and communicates effectively with departments and operations.
- Processes all payments received from and expenditures for pharmacies, grants and CCHCI Cares.
- Makes appropriate adjustments to accounts for payments provided per contractual agreements with insurance companies, for timely payment incentives, and as directed by supervisor.
- Investigates, corrects, and resubmits pharmacy claim denials in a timely manner.
- Sets up payment plans with patients for self-pay pharmacy balances.
- Processes patient and payer refunds accordingly.
- Communicates with insurance companies to ensure efficient processing of claims and resubmissions.
- Communicates with patients regarding questions or disputed items.
- Participates in regular staff meetings, planning meetings and other collaborative meetings as needed.
- Communicates with clearing house to ensure all charges are submitted accurately and corrects and resubmits all charges filtered and held by the clearing houses.
- Investigates and processes unpaid claims.
- Submits appeal and/or reconsideration letters for denied claims as appropriate.
- Assists in provision and preparation of supporting documentation for audits.
- Assists and backs up Accounting Department personnel.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 6 months or more experience in basic bookkeeping, and accounts receivable and payable.
- Any combination of experience and/or education that provides the necessary combination of skills.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose effective instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the work place to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform variety of assignments requiring independent judgment.
- Ability to deal with challenges involving one or more variables in routine situations.
- Knowledge of billing, medical records, health plans, and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of ICD, CPT, and NDC codes preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Expert Knowledge of Electronic Health Records and Practice Management software preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service by mail, telephone, and in-person.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is usually typical of an administrative office setting with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Work occasionally requires extended hours to include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Job Status: Full Time